Camping is one of America’s favorite outdoor activities and National Camping Month is observed in June every year. Be it with friends, family, or even by yourself, camping is the perfect way to reconnect with nature and yourself. Camping is also a very popular summer activity that keeps young children engaged outside of school. Enjoy camping however you want and rough it by leaving all modern amenities behind to get a detox from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
HISTORY OF NATIONAL CAMPING MONTH
National Camping Month has been celebrated every year in the month of June since the 1970s. The month aims to increase participation in outdoor activities, especially among the youth. People are encouraged to join camps or go camping with their loved ones.
NATIONAL CAMPING MONTH ACTIVITIES
- CAMP AT HOME It’s not always possible to go camping but you can always camp at home. Camping in your backyard and minimizing screen time is still a wonderful way to enjoy the outdoors.
- GO CAMPING Pick a weekend during National Camping Month to go camping with your loved ones. Remember to pack adequately and enjoy your time outdoors.
- ENJOY CLASSIC CAMP FOODS Camping means delicious food! Serve up some barbecue, roasts, and s’mores for dinner and celebrate camping without having to leave the house.
10 PLACES TO VISIT FOR NATIONAL CAMPING MONTH
- Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, Montana
- Yosemite National Park, California
- Glacier National Park, Montana
- Grand Canyon: Arizona
- Disneyland, California
- Disney World, Florida
- Cedar Point, Ohio
- Chicago Blues Festival, Illinois
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade, New York
- Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, Tennessee
National parks allow you to camp at the site for about 14 days.
Don’t forget to call us for a totally free estimate on house cleaning!
Facebook: Tri Maids Reno