Reno always has some exciting things going on. Check out these activities going on around town this month. The Reno Wine Walk will be taking place February 19th. This is a good way to meet new people and of course get a good buzz going while doing so.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup strawberry preserves
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough into four portions. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place half of the circles onto ungreased baking sheets. Place 1/2 teaspoon preserves in the center of each circle; top with remaining circles and press edges lightly with a fork to seal. Cut slits in the top of each cookie. Bake until edges are light brown, 7-9 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.